Over the last few years, Calgary’s libraries have becoming more kid friendly with spaces for learning and play. These spaces are located in many of Calgary’s libraries and are aimed at kids under 6. Libraries without early learning centre still have small spaces with toys and activities for young kids.
Each Early Learning Centre has a unique theme:
Rainbow Jungle at Village Square Library
There is also a great play space outside on the opposite side of the building
The New Adventures of Engine 23 at Central Library
There is also a kids area on the 2nd floor where different activities are set up for the kids. When the new central library opens the firetruck will move to a new location.
Bird’s Eye View at Crowfoot Library
- The World is Your Stage at Fish Creek Library
- Read and Play at Quarry Park Library
- Into the Woods at Shawnessy Library
- Eco-Sustainability (outdoor) at the Forest Lawn Library Nature Playground
- Up, Up, and Away at Saddletowne Library
- Explore Energy at Forest Lawn Library
- Build and create at Signal Hill Library