This list contains the best swimming pools in Southern and Central Alberta that are open for public swimming. These aquatic centres offer much more than your basic lap pool – waterslides, spray features, lazy rivers and more!
Do you know of a pool that should be on this list? Please let me know!
Airdrie – Genesis Place Pool – features a lap pool, leisure pool, water slide, lazy river, climbing wall and hot tub
Banff – Douglas Fir Resort – features two giant waterslides, kiddie pool, and hot tub. This water park is in the hotel complex but is open to the public.
Canmore – Elevation Place – features a 25 metre pool with eight lanes, a leisure pool with beach entry, a lazy river, water slide, a children’s play area and hot tub
Cochrane – Jayman BUILT Aquatic Centre at Spray Lake Sawmills Family Sports Centre – features a lap pool, leisure pool with spray features, lazy river, hot tub, warm therapy pool, two water slides.
See our review of the Jayman BUILT Aquatic Centre
Drumheller – Drumheller Aquaplex – features an indoor pool with water slide and large tot area and an outdoor pool as well.
Medicine Hat – Family Leisure Centre Kinsmen Aquatic Park – wave pool, lazy river, tot pool, hot tub, variable depth pool, waterslide, Two spring boards and high dive platform
Okotoks – Okotoks Aquatic Centre – features a leisure pool with tot area, lap pool, hot tub, diving board, swing rope, inflatable toys
Red Deer – Collicutt Centre – wave pool with zero depth entry and spray features. Water slide with landing flume. Lazy river, warm interactive playground with double slide and spray features. Tot pool and two hot tubs.
– G.H. Dawe Water Park – Pool, Leisure pool with zero depth entry, shallow warm play pool, spray pool and large hot tub and two big waterslides.
Pincher Creek – Multi-purpose Facility – features a 6-lane competition swimming pool children’s slide, diving board, hot tub kiddie pool with splash fountain, tarzan rope and waterslide.
City of Calgary Leisure Centres
- Village Square Leisure Centre – Wave pool, slides, dive tank, toddler pool, hot tub Safari splash zone (water park playground) – swinging bridges, dump buckets, spray guns, water slides
see our review of the Village Square Leisure Centre
- Southland Leisure Centre – Wave pool, slides, dive tank, hot tub, kiddie pool AquaPlay structure – swinging bridges, dump buckets, spray guns, water slides
See our review of the Southland Leisure Centre
- Rocky Ridge YMCA – 8-lane, 25m pool and one wave pool with a water slide, ‘lazy river’ and one on-deck hot tub
- Seton YMCA -features include a waterpark, competition lane pool, diving
- Remington YMCA in Quarry Park – lap pool, leisure pool and hot tubs
(photo courtesy of Vivo)
- Trico Centre – wave pool, waterslide, hot tub, beach entry, tot area with toys
- Westside Recreation – wave pool, tot pool, lazy river, water slides, hot tub
- Vecova – pool with ramp entry. The pool is fairly basic, but it’s one of the warmest in Calgary
Kananaskis Village – Pomeroy Kananakis Mountain Lodge – This waterpark looks awesome, but it requires staying at the hotel to access it. It has a Rocky Mountain theme with a Leisure Pool with zero depth entry, water cannons, water play table, spray features, water slides and small slides.
You may also be interested in:
- awesome outdoor swimming pools in Southern and Central Alberta
- all the public swimming options in Calgary
We do our best to ensure the information on Calgary Playground Review is accurate, however information and events are subject to change. Please contact the organizations directly to avoid disappointment.
Can you help make this article better?
If you have noticed an error, have additional information or would like to share a comment you can:
E-mail us at email@example.com
Find us on Facebook: CalgaryPlaygroundReview
Find us on Instagram: YYCdana
Tweet us: YYCdana
We are not affiliated with any venues, attractions or organizations. Please message them directly if you have questions or concerns.