Looking for some Fall fun this year? Here’s 7 ideas to keep your family busy in and around Calgary this year.
1. Autumn Pumpkin Festival – Calgary Corn Maze
Location: 284022 Township Road 224, Rockyview, AB (South East of Calgary)
Cost: $16.95+gst per person (ages 3+). Ages 2 and under are free.
Dates: Saturdays, Sundays and Thanksgiving Monday in October.
Times: 10am – 5pm
Pumpkins: Mini ornamental pumpkin for each paying child. Pumpkin picking for an additional cost.
Regular Calgary Corn Maze Attractions
- Corn Mazes
- Petting Zoo
- Pig Races
- Jumping Pillows
- Farm Playground
- Tractor Pulled Grain Train
- Cow Train
Special Events for the Autumn Pumpkin Festival
- Pumpkin Explosion
- Craft Stations
- Face painting
- pony rides
- Magic Show
- Great spots for pumpkin related photo ops.
2. The Harvest Sale
Location: 1900 Heritage Dr SW – Heritage Park
Cost: Adult (15-64) – $26.50, Child (3-6) – $13.65, Youth (7-14) – $18.95, Senior($65+) – $20.70 or included with annual membership.
Dates: September 8&9
Times: 10:00-5pm (gates close at 4:30, opening ceremony 9:30am September 8th)
Regular Heritage Park Attractions including:
- Rides (included with admission)
- Train themed playground
- Gasoline Alley
- Historic Town sites:
- 1880s Pre-railway Settlement
- c.1910 Prairie Railway Town
- 1860s Fur Trading Fort and First Nations Encampment
Special Events for the Harvest Sale:
- Harvest Sale with truckloads for fresh fruit and vegetables at historically low prices. Funds raised go to support local charities. Cash only.
3. Butterfield Acres Pumpkin Hunts
Location: 254077 Rocky Ridge Rd NW
Cost: Children (walking – 17 years) $14.99 plus GST, Adults $15.99 plus GST, children who are not yet walking are free.
Dates: Weekends in October tickets go on sale Sept 1st.
Times: Pumpkin Hunt tickets available at specific times from 10:20-1:40. The Farmyard is open from 10am -4pm. If you have a later hunt is is recommended that you go to the farmyard before so you don’t miss out.
Pumpkins: Each child ticket includes 1 pumpkin.
Farmyard activities including:
- Farmyard Petting Zoo
- Pony Rides (a few times a day usually on the hour)
- Play areas
Pumpkin Hunt Activities:
- Pumpkin hunt and Pumpkin decorating (est time 40-50 minutes)
4. Bowden SunMaze
Location: Eagle Creek Farms – 34530 Range Road #14, Bowden Alberta (North of Calgary)
Cost: Adults $9, Children (5-17) $6.50, 4 and under free.
Dates & Times:
- 7 days a week for August and September 11am-5pm
- Sunflower maze
- Other mazes
- Play Area
- U-pick flowers and vegetables (additional cost)
5. Kayben Farms Sunshine Adventure Park Autumn Jubilee
Location: 314064 – 32nd Street E., Okotoks, AB
Cost: $15 per person, $40 per family, under 2 is free.
Dates: September 29&30, October 6&7, October 13&14
All the fun of Sunshine Adventure Park including:
- Berry Bounce
- Play Areas
- Huge slide and climber
- Corn Maze
- and more!
Autumn Jubilee Activities:
Varries each weekend. Includes activities such as horse drawn wagon rides, face painting, family mini-shoot pictures and more
6. Cobb’s Corn Maze – Pumpkin Palooza and Field of Screams
Location: 1500 84 St NE Calgary
Cost: General Admission $14, Bought the farm pass $26, Field of Screams $26,
Dates: September 5 through October 25
Times: Saturdays & Sundays: 10am to 5pm, Field of Screams – Fridays in October: 5pm to 9pm
Pumpkins: Pumpkin patch – cost varies by size.
Field of Screams – (Friday and Saturday evenings in October) – all ages, 4 haunted houses, and cornfield maze cemetery. Rides, activities, food and drinks and more.
Pumpkin Palooza – (Saturday and Sunday Evenings in October & holiday Monday) Find the perfect pumpkin big or small. Plus regular attractions and pumpkin and Princess photo ops.
Regular Activities Including:
- Corn mazes
- Fence Maze
- Rope maze
- straw bale maze(s)
- hop dots
- puzzle mazes
- punching pumpkins
- giant games
- playground structures
- pedal carts
- tire playground
- Maze mountain & slide
- tractor ride
Activities requiring additional fees:
- Archery, Bouncy Castles, Euro Bungy, Popcorn Popper, Funballz and Bazooka Balls.
7. Enjoy Halloweekends at Calaway Park
Date: Weekends September 8th – October 8th, 2018
Activities: Halloween themed amusement park fun.
Cost: Included with regular admission and annual passes. (regular admission $39.95, jr admission (3-6 years $33.00)