Kids love bumpy roller slides. Roller slides provide tactile stimulation, allow for social play or a support person due to their wider width, are safe for kids with cochlear implants and tend to get less hot.
Here’s the ones we’ve found so far:
1. Crossroads Playground
East Village – 7 Ave and 6 St SE
2. Flyover Park Playground
651 McDougall Rd NE
This is the longest roller slide in the city
3. Carrington Playground
Carrington – Symons Valley Parkway & 14 St NW
4. Alberta Children’s Hospital Playground
2888 Shagnanappi Trail N.W.
5. South Glenmore Children’s Variety Park
South Glenmore Park – 90 Ave. & 24 St. S.W.
This one is a bit different from the others on this list – it’s not really a slide at all. The rollers are flat but still fun.
6. Saddle Ridge School
Saddleridge – 368 Saddlecrest Blvd NE
This playground has accessible flooring, but no easy way to get up to the roller slide for toddlers or bigger kids who have difficulty climbing.
7. Buffalo Rubbing Stone School Playground
Cinnamon Hills – 1308 Panatella Blvd NW
8. Eric Harvie School Playground
Tuscany – 357 Tuscany Dr NW
9. Manmeet Singh Bhullar School
1027 Martindale Blvd NE
10. Shouldice Park Playground
4900 Monserrat Dr. N.W.
11. University District Playground
Northwest Commons Park – University District – Thirsk St and Norford Avenue NW
12. Holy Child School
Silverado – 31 Silverado Terrace SWM
13. Belmont Mounds of Fun Playground
off belmont Drive SE
14. Seton Playground – Elsa’s Tower
91 Seton Gardens SE
15. Divine Mercy School Playground
228 Mahogany Blvd SE
16. Kenneth D. Taylor School Playground
30 Evanscove Cir NW
17. Rotary Challenger Park Playground
3688 48 Ave. N.E. (access from 48 Ave.)
18. Elliston Park Inclusive Playground
1827 68 St. S.E. (south of 17th ave between 60th and 68th)
This playground also have a roller table rather than a roller slide.
19. Ted Harrison School Inclusive Playground
Taradale – 215 Taravista Way NE
20. North Glenmore Park Inclusive Playground
7305 24 St. SW
21. Sandy Beach Inclusive Playground
Altadore – 4500 14A St. S.W.
22. Hidden Hut Inclusive Playground
10504 Hidden Valley Dr NW
23. Vivo Inclusive Playground
Country Village Rd NE & Country Village Way NE
24. Edworthy Park Inclusive Playground
South Access – 5050 Spruce Dr. S.W. (Bow Tr. & Spruce Dr. S.W.)
North Access – Shaganappi Trail and 16th Avenue.
25. Calgary Zoo – Bugtopia Playground
210 St. George’s Drive NE
Bugtopia has both a roller slide and a roller table!
Nose Creek Elementary
690 Baywater Park SW, Airdrie, AB
Riverside Park – 1400 North Railway Street, Okotoks, AB
Parkland Class Playground
Red Deer – Behind Parkland School along 45 Ave
We do our best to ensure the information on Calgary Playground Review is accurate, however information and events are subject to change. Please contact the organizations directly to avoid disappointment.
Can you help make this article better?
If you have noticed an error, have additional information or would like to share a comment you can:
E-mail us at email@example.com
Find us on Facebook: CalgaryPlaygroundReview
Find us on Instagram: YYCdana
Tweet us: YYCdana
We are not affiliated with any venues, attractions or organizations. Please message them directly if you have questions or concerns.